Variable speed drives for simple and advanced machines
Part of Altivar
Altivar Machine ATV320, a variable speed drive designed for Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) that meets simple and advanced application requirements for 3 Phase synchronous and asynchronous motors from 0.18 to 15 kW (0.25 to 20 Hp).
The Altivar Machine ATV320 variable speed drive improves machine effectiveness in a wide variety of applications.
Altivar Machine ATV320 was designed to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of machines, while optimizing design and engineering costs for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs).
Enhanced automation capabilities
The Altivar Machine ATV320 matches a variety of machine throughput requirements with the following features:
- Open-loop motor control combined with simplicity for asynchronous and synchronous motors, even at low speed and dynamic accuracy for start/stop applications,
- Advanced connectivity with automation architectures such as CANopen, EtherNet/IP – Modbus TCP, EtherCAT, Profibus, Profinet, DeviceNet.
- Application specific functions and ATVLogic bring the application expertise and flexibility into the machines.
Extended machine availability
The Altivar Machine ATV320 variable speed drives carry on their predecessors’ tradition of robustness and reliability.
- Continuous machine operation in harsh environments with high levels of ambient temperature, dust, electrical interruptions, or mechanical disturbances. Ability to work in ambients up to 60°C with derating and 50°C without derating.
- Maximized machine operation time, as production changes, maintenance, safety diagnostics and operation, network configuration, and system integration can all to be accomplished quickly.
Reduced total machine cost
The Altivar Machine ATV320 improves bottom line of the machine builders:
- Reduced installation costs, with both book and compact form factors reducing machine footprint, whether mounted in a machine frame or electrical cabinet
- Fewer additional devices needed to manage machine safety and simple logic functions, as both are managed internally within the drive
- Reduced engineering and design time thanks to ready-to-use, PLCopen-compliant libraries and tested, validated, documented architectures (TVDAs) available through Schneider Electric’s EcoStruxure Machine solutions
Simple and advanced machine requirements covered for
- Material Handling
- Material working
- Mechanical actuators